The Raptors is a bird of prey and falconry organization dedicated to raising awareness for birds of prey and promoting conservation.
The Raptors is hiring for a Wildlife Management Officer based out of Vancouver, BC. This position would be primarily at a landfill, but would include travel in the Lower Mainland area to other sites, using trained raptors to mitigate environmental and safety hazards caused by gulls feeding on the waste. Working at a landfill requires lots of on-foot patrolling and working even in inclement weather. For background on our bird abatement work, visit our website.
We pride ourselves on a working environment that is built on open communication, respect, and a passion for our amazing ecosystems, and the ideal candidate would embody these values to fit in with our close-knit team of biologists and bird enthusiasts.
The suitable Candidate would have:
* (Preferred): A degree in a STEM field.
* Adaptability to a variety of work and tasks
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work with a team, as well as be self-directed at times
* Excellent communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Passion for and experience with animals, especially birds
Exceptional candidates may also possess the following:
* First aid training and experience.
* Outdoor field skills.
* Willingness to travel outside of the Lower Mainland area.
* Public speaking and/or education experience
There are both part-time and full-time positions available with potential for advancement within the company. Wages start at $17-$19 per hour, dependent on experience, with benefits available for full-time positions after 3 months.
Please submit resume and cover letter by September 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|